The Myth of the Muttering Madman is a project in self-realization.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'm a life hacker..

and proud of it. Now hold my hand.

A guy at work has been changing his work practices, indeed his life practices by reading and religiously applying life hacker principles. I hid my bemused expression everytime he mentioned his colour coded email inbox, or his theory of surrounding himself with people who disagree with him. He even fervently encouraged me to to play devils advocate with him in a meeting when I was sitting there about to dose off, chewing my cud in solitude.

But the thing that takes the cake, the act that exceeds all gayness has to be the people who attend Life Hacker parties - and photograph them - AND put them on flickr.com. God damn it. Chris, I thought I knew you. How could you betray your legion of loyal fans like this?

Relativism would make me question my sanity here. One friend decides to seriously considers the merits of a "fixed earth" and the others become "life hackers". So-fucking-help-me-Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

about me