The Myth of the Muttering Madman is a project in self-realization.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Electronic warfare running linux

Bionic linux warriors.

Imagine spoofing friendlies, launching DOS attacks on networked infrastructure, and infecting backpacks. Linux does seem like a natural fit though. It's amazing the different technology ecosystems Linux finds itself growing in.

You'd want a system like this to be modular though. You definitely wouldn't want or need every killer in your army to be wearing one or at least the full rig. If I had to run around a paddock dodging bullets I'm not sure I'd want all this information being thrown at me.

Makes me think back to various hybrid strategy-first person shooter games I used to play. I wonder how much of the advancement in communication and user interface there feeds back into real world decisions about this kind of gear?

What's the security like in these new "global battlefields"?

More info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Warrior

No comments:

about me